THE BEACH SERIES is a factory blended mixture of white cement, naturally tumbled stone pebbles and various admixtures specifically designed as a coating for the interior of swimming pools.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- A "LIFETIME" warranty
- A non-abrasive surface
- A strong, long lasting pool finish
- A natural random color blended finish
- Natural beauty provided by natures polishing process
THE BEACH SERIES is packaged in 80 lb. bags and must be applied at a rate not to exceed 20-25 square feet per bag. Coverage will vary depending on the porosity of the substrate.
Patch, level or resurface as required to provide a smooth substrate. Surface must be clean, cool, dry and free of dirt, grease, scaling paint, release agents, curing agents, special surface hardeners, efflorescence or other foreign matter that may prevent or inhibit proper bonding.
NOTE: Only the experienced applicator at poolside can make the decisions as to what surface preparation may be required.
1) On previously plastered pools it is necessary to grind around the tile, lights, returns, etc., to allow for a smooth transition.
2) On previously painted pools, the surface must be sandblasted to remove the old paint completely.
3) Thoroughly wash the surface with a TSP solution to remove body oils and suntan lotions. Acid wash with a 50/50 solution of muriatic acid and water, rinse with a neutralizing solution of baking soda and water, then finally rinse with clean water.
4) An application of SUREBOND 80 is highly recommended on previously plastered surfaces as a bond or scratch coat to provide a uniform base for adhesion and even curing.
Measuring equal amounts of water and mixing for equal amounts of time from batch to batch will ensure product consistency from batch to batch. Boxing different batch #'s will ensure final color uniformity. THE BEACH SERIES will require approximately 2-2 ½ gallons of potable water per bag. Start the mixing process by adding ? of the total required water to the mixer. Add the appropriate amount of THE BEACH SERIES and then add the remaining ? of the required water. Mix for approximately 5 minutes to bring the material to a workable consistency. Allow the mix to set for 5 minutes, then remix and add additional water if necessary to achieve the desired workable consistency. Do not retemper the mix after this.
THE BEACH SERIES is a complete product and requires no other additives. To avoid any complications it is highly recommended that no calcium chloride be used.
If you choose to use calcium chloride, it must be used with caution, as "more is not better". It is always best to use 94 - 97% purity at a maximum of 1/3 lb. per bag. If 77% purity is used, the maximum is ½ lb. per bag. 77% purity contains 23% filler material, which may include ingredients that could be harmful to the finished product. Always pre-dissolve calcium chloride and remove impurities by straining through cheesecloth.
Prior to starting the application of THE BEACH SERIES product it is critical to have the drain pump equipment ready and the slurry drain system laid out. If the pool is a re-do, it is important to use a bonding agent such as SUREBOND 80.
1) After THE BEACH SERIES has been properly mixed, it may be trowel
or spray applied over a dampened substrate. The recommended thickness is ?" - ½".
2) An initial surface coat should be spray or hand applied on the walls and
pressed into place using pressure on the trowel. The initial coat should be allowed to "stiffen" slightly. A second coat should then be applied to a total uniform thickness of ?" - ½".
3) After the second coat has been applied and has begun to stiffen or set, use the Premix spray wand to water wash the white cement off THE BEACH SERIES product exposing the stone pebbles. Make sure main pump is running to remove excessive water build-up in bowl.
4) As the "cream" is washed off the product exposing the stone pebbles, hard trowel THE BEACH SERIES product compressing the stone pebbles until a new film shows.
5) After the hard trowel application, a light water wash with the Premix spray wand will eliminate the "cream" that the troweling brought to the surface. A dry roller should be immediately used to remove standing water off all flat areas, swim-outs and stairs.
Note: The timing of the wash procedure can only be determined at the job site taking into account the factors of heat, humidity and substrate suction.
6) Spray or hand apply the floor in one heavy coat. Trowel, allow to stiffen, water wash and trowel a second time. Water spray with the Premix wand to remove the "cream" working toward the drain.
7) After the steps outlined above, allow THE BEACH SERIES to cure. The following day a light acid wash will remove the haze off the surface.
Immediately fill the pool with water and balance to the Premix and NSPI recommended levels.
8) The wastewater should be pumped into a temporary slurry bin or into slurry bags that should be removed the
following day after it has set.
Clean all tools and equipment with water while still wet. Cured material can be removed mechanically or chemically.
Turn inventory regularly and keep bagged product protected from all forms of moisture, both direct and indirect, to assure maximum product usage, uniformity and productivity.
Available upon request
The long-term performance of THE BEACH SERIES will be directly proportional to the care taken during the filling process, the first ninety days of pool maintenance and consistent routine maintenance thereafter. Adjust the chemicals to the following levels in the order as recommended by Premix and NSPI.
a) pH 7.4 - 7.6
b) Alkalinity 100 - 125 ppm
c) Calcium 250 - 400 ppm
d) Chlorine gradually to 2 ppm
e) Total dissolved solids <1000 ppm
f) Cyanuric acid <50
NOTE: During the start-up phase keep the pool pump running 24 hours a day until the water clears. The pool should be brushed twice a day for the first week.
A "LIFETIME" warranty is available only for trained applicators.
The effectiveness of this product depends upon its proper application and the condition and preparation of the surface to which it is applied.
See specific terms and conditions of THE BEACH SERIES pool finish as detailed on the Warranty Application form furnished by the trained applicator.
The information contained in this bulletin conforms to the standard detail recommendations and specifications for the installation of the products manufactured by PREMIX-MARBLETITE and is presented in good faith.
PREMIX-MARBLETITE assumes no liability, expressed or implied, as to the architecture, engineering or workmanship of any project.